Version date: 12 July 2012
Scope and application
Agreement to data processing
Your privacy on Alumni Site
What information do we gather?
Transfer of your personal data
How do we use your personal data?
With whom will the Alumni Site share personal data?
What about sensitive personal data?
Your choices and rights
Enforcement, additional information and contact details
Scope and application
This Privacy Statement applies to the Accenture Alumni Network site (www.accenturealumni.com) hereafter referred to as the "Alumni Site". The Alumni Site is administered by Conenza Inc on behalf of Accenture.
Use of the Alumni Site implies acceptance of this Privacy Statement
The information you provide on this site as a user is used by Accenture for the purpose of administering your membership and use of the site as a member of the Accenture Alumni Network. This website is located and primarily operated in the United States of America. Your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement and applicable data privacy laws.
Your privacy on the Alumni Site
We want you to feel secure when visiting our site and are committed to maintaining your privacy online. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how your personal data will be treated as you use this site. This Statement may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - in the optional fields in your profile, through email, or in chat areas - that information is accessible to the rest of the Alumni community, and may be made public. Accenture cannot be responsible for any misuse of such information by others, including any unsolicited messages you may receive as a result of providing information at this site.
You have control over contacts you make on the alumni site. My Contacts requires two-way confirmation of requests so that when someone requests to be your contact you must confirm that you want to be their contact. The data that your contacts can access is controlled by your privacy settings. You can select to make information in your profile visible to just your contacts or to all users of the Alumni Site.
Finally, activity feed functionality will be added to the Alumni Site in a future release. Activity feeds highlight activities you take on the Alumni Site such as adding a new contact, submitting a news article, or joining a group. You can select who sees your different types of activities feeds by updating your privacy settings.
What information do we gather?
The Alumni Site collects personal data when you directly give it to us, such as:
- when you register. During registration and profile set-up, we require that you provide your name and email address. If you were previously a user of another Accenture Alumni website, additional information that you provided to that site may be automatically added to your profile at this site. In addition, your user profile offers you the opportunity to provide a wide range of additional information, including postal address, current occupation, industry, education, and personal and business interests. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. However, please supply only information that is relevant for the stated purposes of this website. We may keep a record of the following types of information: `
- correspondence between you and the Alumni Site,
- information you post on the Alumni Site, such as on the chat pages,
- responses to online surveys that we use for research and quality control purposes, and
- IP addresses, which are collected indirectly through our website technology and used for system administration purposes.
Any public information regarding your professional experience obtained by Accenture may be proactively added to your individual profile. Please see section below on your rights in relation to your personal information and how to access and correct any information we have about you.
Accenture also shares a small amount of information about you with Conenza during the registration process in order to verify that you are an Accenture alumnus/a. This information includes your name, mailing address, last Accenture home office, position and level.
On pages where the Alumni Site collects personal information we will include a link to this Privacy Statement.
Transfer of your personal data
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States, in accordance with this policy and applicable laws. When we transfer your information to an agent or service provider located in another country, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
How do we use your personal data?
The Alumni Site will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable other users to search for and locate you via the directory.
- Primarily, to provide our users with a customized experience on our site, including personalization services such as News and Events and interactive communications.
- To research and analyze our users' demographics, interests and behavior in an aggregated form to better understand and serve our users and improve our site and its offerings.
- To contact you periodically with communications about events, publications or employment opportunities with Accenture, which we feel might interest you, unless you ask not to be contacted. You will have an opportunity to opt out of receiving further messages.
- To share with other internal Accenture systems, specifically our internal sales tool (salesforce.com), to contact you with industry relevant information. Click here to opt-out of sharing information with Accenture's internal sales tool.
- To further US/Canada business development objectives including the US/Canada Local Market Development Initiative which is intended to improve local market awareness, drive local business and ultimately increase local market share by leveraging the relationships that Accenture Alumnus have with target clients. Specifically, your information will be shared with Accenture US/Canada Senior Executives who will contact you regarding your existing relationships with target clients. Click here to opt out of having your information shared for these purposes.
- We may also use data for other purposes, which we would always describe to you when we collect the information.
With whom does the Alumni Site share my information?
The Alumni Site does not sell or rent your personal data. We will not disclose any of the personal data you provide to this site to third parties, except:
- to our service providers, such as auditors, and contractors, including Conenza, who may help develop or maintain this site,
- with your prior and informed consent, or
- when required by law or a court of tribunal of competent jurisdiction, or
- to third parties in the event that Accenture sells or liquidates all or any part of its business or assets, or
- to business partners or sponsors where this is necessary for the purposes related to the Alumni program, in which case this will be specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data, and you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service, or
- in special cases when this is necessary in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) someone else's rights or property.
When you register, your name appears in the Alumni Directory and is visible to other registered members of the Accenture Alumni community. When you complete your profile following registration, you may choose which pieces of information are visible in the directory using the "Show" feature. You may change this at any time by editing your profile using the "My Profile" function.
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you and to have access to that information. You can access, edit or correct the information in your profile at any time.
You can exercise these rights and choices by contacting us at:
1932 First Avenue, Suite 607
Seattle, WA 98101
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Your user account information is password-protected so that only you, Accenture have access to this personal information.
Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the site, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Accenture’s site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
What are cookies and clear GIFs?
The cookies used on this site have been categorized on the basis of the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide issued in April 2012. A list of all the cookies used on this site by category is set out below.
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. For more information on managing cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/, Current “Do Not Track” initiatives are not recognized by our site.
What cookies do we use on the Alumni Site?
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
We categorize the following as performance cookies:
Google analytics tracking cookies – used to track analytics of site use, including pages viewed and whether the individual is a new or repeat visitor.
We categorize the following as functionality cookies:
Conenza tracking cookies – authenticates the user by log-in details and remembers language selection.
Social login cookie – remembers when someone has previously used social log-in.
Targeting cookies - These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
At Accenture we do not have third party advertising on our site so we do not use these targeting cookies.
If you think we are not adhering to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please contact Accenture at dataprivacy@Accenture.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement. If we ever change this Privacy Statement, we will post any changes on this page, so that you are always aware of the information that we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
If you have any further questions on this Privacy Statement or how your personal data is used in relation to the membership services at this site, please contact Accenture using the contact information provided below.