This privacy statement is effective as of 26 January 2018. Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
This Privacy Statement explains how and why Accenture PLC and/or its affiliates (“Accenture”; “we”) process your personal data in relation to the Accenture Alumni Network site (www.accenturealumni.com) hereafter referred to as the "Alumni Site". The Alumni Site is administered by Conenza Inc on behalf of Accenture.
Further information on Accenture (and, if relevant, its representative) can be found here. Any Accenture entity located outside the European Union will be represented by Accenture PLC.
The information you provide on this site as a user is used by Accenture for the purpose of administering your membership and use of the site as a member of the Accenture Alumni Network, as well as for the purposes set out in the section “For what purpose and on what legal basis do we use your personal data” below. Your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement and applicable data privacy laws.
We want you to feel secure when visiting our site and are committed to maintaining your privacy online. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how your personal data will be treated as you use this site. This Statement may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
The Alumni Site is a private site available only to Alumni, former interns and employees of Accenture. Please do not give out your username or password to anyone. If you know of an alumnus looking to get access, please ask them to register at the site. In addition, please respect the privacy of other Alumni members and do not give out personal data obtained from the site to anyone.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - in the optional fields in your profile, through email, or in chat areas - that information is accessible to the rest of the Alumni community, and may be made public. Accenture cannot be responsible for any misuse of such information by others, including any unsolicited messages you may receive as a result of providing information at this site.
You have control over contacts you make on the alumni site. My Contacts requires two-way confirmation of requests so that when someone requests to be your contact you must confirm that you want to be their contact. The data that your contacts can access is controlled by your privacy settings. You can select to make information in your profile visible to just your contacts or to all users of the Alumni Site.
Finally, activity feed functionality will be added to the Alumni Site in a future release. Activity feeds highlight activities you take on the Alumni Site such as adding a new contact, submitting a news article, or joining a group. You can select who sees your different types of activities feeds by updating your privacy settings.
We collect the following personal data:
- information you provide us when you register. During registration and profile set-up, we require that you provide your name and email address. If you were previously a user of another Accenture Alumni website, additional information that you provided to that site may be automatically added to your profile at this site. In addition, your user profile offers you the opportunity to provide a wide range of additional information, including postal address, current occupation, industry, education, and personal and business interests. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. However, please supply only information that is relevant for the stated purposes of this website;
- correspondence between you and the Alumni Site;
- information you post on the Alumni Site, such as on the chat pages;
- responses to online surveys that we use for research and quality control purposes;
- IP addresses, which are collected indirectly through our website technology and used for system administration purposes;
- your personal details;
- details on (former) compensation and payroll;
- details on (former) position;
- certain sensitive data (as further explained below).
Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to us is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not provide personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to accomplish some or all of the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, and you may not be able to use the Alumni Site where it requires the use of such personal data.
Any public information regarding your professional experience obtained by Accenture may be proactively added to your individual profile. Please see section below on your rights in relation to your personal information and how to access and correct any information we have about you.
Accenture also shares a small amount of information about you with Conenza during the registration process in order to verify that you are an Accenture alumnus/a. This information includes your name, mailing address, last Accenture home office, position and level.
As mentioned in the section “With whom does the Alumni Site share my information?” below, we may transfer your personal data to Accenture affiliates and certain third parties. Where such affiliates or third parties are located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (including the United States), any such transfers will occur in accordance with this policy and applicable laws. In particular:
- Any transfers of your personal data to other Accenture offices (including transfers from within the European Economic Area (EEA) to outside the EEA) will be governed by Accenture's binding corporate rules (a copy of which can be found here).When we internationally transfer your information to any third parties, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions. Any international transfers of your personal data to third parties (including those outside the EEA) will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses (a copy of which can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When we transfer your information to any third parties, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions. Any transfers of your personal data to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses (a copy of which can be obtained from email@example.com).
In the context of the Alumni Site, we will use your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement, unless it is required or authorized by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.Where the above table states that we rely on our legitimate interests for a given purpose, we are of the opinion that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms, given (i) the transparency we provide on the processing activity and (ii) the rights you have in relation to the processing activity.
We obtain your personal data either directly from you, or in certain cases from third parties. The third parties from whom we may obtain your personal data are other alumni, our affiliates, public authorities, public websites and social media.
The Alumni Site does not sell or rent your personal data. We will not disclose any of the personal data you provide to this site to third parties, except:
- to our professional advisors, service providers, auditors and contractors, including Conenza, who may help develop or maintain this site,
- with your prior and informed consent, or
- when required by law or a court of tribunal of competent jurisdiction, or
- to third parties in connection with a corporate / commercial transaction, including in the event that Accenture sells or liquidates all or any part of its business or assets, or
- to business partners or sponsors where this is necessary for the purposes related to the Alumni program, in which case this will be specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data, and you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service, or
- to any public or governmental authorities, or
- in special cases when this is necessary in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) someone else's rights or property.
When you register, your name appears in the Alumni Directory and is visible to other registered members of the Accenture Alumni community. When you complete your profile following registration, you may choose which pieces of information are visible in the directory using the "Show" feature. You may change this at any time by editing your profile using the "My Profile" function.
You can choose not to receive any communications from us about events or publications we feel might be of interest to you. However, so long as you are a registered user of the site, you may not opt-out of receiving communications related to the administration of your membership - e.g. notifications about changes in service, etc.
Finally, you can ask us to delete or deactivate your user account, but then you will not be able to access any members-only areas of the site. If you choose to deactivate your account, we will delete any residual information after a reasonable time, unless otherwise required by law.
In addition to the foregoing, you have the right (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
- request access to your personal data: this right entitles you to request access to personal data Accenture processes about you, as well as to certain information on such processing;
- request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the rectification or completion of any of your personal data that would be inaccurate or incomplete;
- request erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes;
- object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we no longer process your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent;
- request a copy or the portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy of personal data that you have provided to us.
You can exercise these rights and choices by contacting us at:
Accenture Alumni Network
1932 First Avenue, Suite 607
Seattle, WA 98101
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right at all times to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data protection law has been infringed.
We determine the retention period of your personal data based on the following retention criteria:
- we retain your personal data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you;
- we retain your personal data where we are required to do so by a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- we retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve our legal position (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Your user account information is password-protected so that only you and Accenture have access to this personal information.
Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the site, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Accenture’s site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
If you think we are not adhering to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please contact Accenture at dataprivacy@Accenture.com.
If you have any further questions on this Privacy Statement or how your personal data is used in relation to the membership services at this site, please contact Accenture using the contact information provided below.
You may also contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.